Concerns about social media giants will heighten, highlighting the need for decentralized social networks.
- Starbucks starts NFT-based loyalty program.
- Tiffany & Co. crafts jewel-encrusted pendants for CryptoPunks NFT owners.
- Budweiser purchases beer.eth ENS name and debuts multiple NFT collections.
- DraftKings opens marketplace focused on mainstream NFT accessibility.
- Reddit mints 5 million collectible avatar NFTs.
- Nike makes NFT platform .Swoosh for digital sneakers.
- Nickelodeon bases NFT collectibles on Rugrats and Hey Arnold! characters.
- TIME introduces NFT initiative TIMEPieces.
- Adidas Originals creates NFT collection Into the Metaverse.
- Porsche launches NFT collection and virtual experiences centered around the iconic Porsche 911.
- Gucci showcases collectible NFTs in art exhibit called The Next 100 Years of Gucci and partners with Yuga Labs’ metaverse project.
- Louis Vuitton lets players collect NFTs in a self-branded mobile game.
Governments will pass bipartisan crypto regulation. How policy and regulation impacts U.S. crypto, our views:
1/ Banning new business models or technologies undermines American values and drives innovation and jobs elsewhere.
2/ Agency guidance or new legislation that establishes appropriate, clear rules will protect consumers and help the web3 industry flourish.
3/ Legal businesses and their customers deserve access to financial services and lawful protections, from banking relationships to data privacy.
4/ Businesses should be the focus of regulation, whereas decentralized, autonomous software should not. See: “Regulate Web3 Apps, Not Protocols.”